Yavapai Workforce Connection is the streamlined system for workforce development services to businesses, and job seekers, organizing employment and training services into a single center of service. Services are funded by the Workforce Investment Act and are free to employers and job seekers, including adults, dislocated workers and youth, as applicable.
The Workforce Connection One-Stop Centers serving Yavapai County are customer oriented, user friendly and produce positive results for job seekers and employers. We serve customers from GED to PHD.
SERVICES TO JOB SEEKERS
- Orientation to services Mondays (except holidays) at 10:00 am in Prescott, 8:30 am in Cottonwood
- Use of Resource Room equipment with internet access
- Job search skills workshops on Thursdays at 2:00 pm in Prescott.
- Information on training and education
- Referrals to partnering agencies and community resources
The Yavapai County Local Workforce Investment Board (LWIB) oversees the local funding and services. Employer services also include recruitment, job training grants, pre-layoff and reduction in force assistance due to economic downturns through our Rapid Response program.
SERVICES TO EMPLOYERS
- Employee pre-screening and recruitment
- Job posting at no cost
- Job training and hiring tax credits
- On-site space for interviews and pre-employment testing
- Job Fairs
- Pre-Layoff assistance to make business closures less costly